About the Company:Jefferson Energy Companies is a multi-modal facility connecting rail, marine, truck and pipeline. Loading and unloading capabilities include ethanol, fuels and crude oil from the heaviest Canadian bitumen to the lightest condensate. The terminal is directly served by three Class 1 Railroads (UP, BNSF and KCS) with power sharing agreements with CP and CN. There are over 2,1000,000 barrels of shell storage capacity in service or under construction with full a build-out potential of 18 million barrels. A highway off-ramp is under construction and expected to be completed in 4Q 2017 which will connect truck traffic from Interstate 10 directly to the terminal.
Position Summary:The Human Resource Manager is responsible for attracting, motivating and retaining a highperforming diverse workforce for all Jefferson locations. This position is accountable for effective management and execution of staffing and employment practices, policy and procedure development and administration, employee development, performance management systems, recognition and reward, positive employee relations and regulatory compliance. The scope of the position and details of the responsibilities are as follows:
- Payroll administration to include exempt and non-exempt payroll cycles for both the US and Canada.
- Oversee all group benefits programs for Jefferson in the US and Canada including health, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability, accidental death & dismemberment and voluntary Colonial insurance offerings.
- Lead and manage the compensation and performance management system for consistency, fairness, timeliness and effective utilization by coaching managers and supervisors. Ensure fair and equitable pay increase administration.
- Effectively drive the staffing, selection & hiring process for all positions which includes the development, updating and creation of job descriptions, and the sourcing, screening and selection of high caliber candidates. Create and maintain necessary documentation that supports the decision to select and hire the recommended candidates and to meet employment regulatory requirements.
- Assist in the development, implementation and administration of site and corporate policies and procedures to ensure they are administered in a fair and equitable manner.
- Be a solution provider for human relations by meeting with managers and supervisors to determine effective resolutions such as additional training, communication improvements, or performance counseling for employees as needed.
- Oversee the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by federal, state and local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization, related to site and corporate Human Resources.
- Conduct orientation and on-boarding of new employees to ensure compliance with human resources, safety, and quality policies and standards.
- Be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining a healthy site and corporate team culture athrough the assessment of employee issues and relations
Minimum Requirements:Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field plus a minimum of ten years’ experience in HR with the last five being at a management level. Ability to travel on occasion to the corporate office in The Woodlands and other business travel as needed. Successful completion of a background check and drug screen in addition to ability to obtain a TWIC card is required.
Apply Online Now Submit Resume By Email