About the Company:Jefferson Energy Companies is a multi-modal facility connecting rail, marine, truck and pipeline headquartered in downtown Houston, Texas with transportation, terminal and storage assets located at the Port of Beaumont in Beaumont, Texas. Loading and unloading capabilities include ethanol, fuels and crude oil from the heaviest Canadian bitumen to the lightest condensate. The terminal sits on a 250-acre site on the east bank of the Neches River Ship Channel and is directly served by three Class 1 Railroads (UP, BNSF and KCS) with power sharing agreements with CP and CN. There are over 2,100,000 barrels of shell storage capacity in service or under construction with full a build-out potential of 18 million barrels. A highway off-ramp is under construction and once completed will connect truck traffic from Interstate 10 directly to the terminal. The Terminal Marine capabilities include a Ship Dock and dedicated Inland Barge Dock which connect the Terminal to domestic and foreign marine destinations. The terminal’s service has expanded ethanol, heavy refinery feedstocks and rail loading of refined products for export to Mexico and domestic distribution.
Position Summary:The Engineering Manager is responsible for leading and managing a multi-discipline team of Process, Civil and Structural, Piping and Mechanical and Instrument / Electrical engineers and project managers to design, build and commission operational plants to be turned over to plant operations. The scope of the position and details of the responsibilities area as follows:
- Will work with procurement specialists to purchase long lead time items and other equipment needed for successful project implementation.
- Manage contracted engineering firms and the engineering process to ensure that all engineering and design activities are carried out to meet project objectives, according to agreed budgets, schedule milestones and quality requirements.
- Must ensure that effective use of work processes, procedures, systems and tools are in place to meet project objectives.
- Must work with Engineering Leads to ensure proper staffing is in place to support project schedule, budget and quality requirements.
- Accountable for all technical aspects of the Jefferson projects to ensure that they meet regulatory and industry standards such as PSM.
- Assist project managers with staffing, scheduling and cost forecasting.
- Interface professionally with other department to implement the vision and objectives of the organization.
- Report progress to senior management on a regular basis.
- Meet objectives in a safe, productive, and cost-effective manner.
- Work as team member of the senior management team to implement the vision of the company.
- Accompany commercial team to business development meetings to evaluate capabilities.
Minimum Requirements:Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, in addition to 10-15 years of engineering experience and 5 years of management and project management experience in refining, petrochemical or chemical storage plants is required. Candidate must possess a history of strong leadership experience managing a multi-discipline group of engineers and project managers to design and execute projects to meet schedule and budget requirements. Capital/expense project execution experience. Ability to lead a team to meet project target deadlines. Understanding of project controls requirements. Registered Professional Engineer with knowledge of LEED AP or CCP preferred. Strong verbal and written communication skills required. High degree of professionalism and ability to work well with others. Excellent written and verbal communication skills is required. MS Office suite proficiency needed. Ability to travel to corporate office in Houston and other frequent business travel is required. Successful completion of a background check and drug screen in addition to ability to secure a TWIC card within is required.
Apply Online Now Submit Resume By Email