About the CompanyJefferson Energy Companies is a multi-modal facility connecting rail, marine, truck and pipeline. Loading and unloading capabilities include ethanol, fuels and crude oil from the heaviest Canadian bitumen to the lightest condensate. The terminal is directly served by three Class 1 Railroads (UP, BNSF and KCS) with power sharing agreements with CP and CN. There are over 2,1000,000 barrels of shell storage capacity in service or under construction with full a build-out potential of 18 million barrels. A highway off-ramp is under construction and expected to be completed in 4Q 2017 which will connect truck traffic from Interstate 10 directly to the terminal.
Position SummaryThe Controller maximizes return on assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems. Duties include the following:
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Guide and support the organization’s financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the accounting monthly close in Microsoft NAV by leading the work performed by the Jefferson accounting team and interfacing with parent company.
- Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data both internally and externally, including SEC filings.
- Coordinate federal, state and local tax filings with external tax consultants.
- Monitor and confirm the organization’s financial condition by conducting internal audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Act as Administrator for financial ERP system (Microsoft NAV).
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws.
- Ensures Jefferson’s accounting practices fall within GAAP and stays informed of changes and/or potential changes.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- May supervise other accounting staff.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Minimum RequirementsBachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting plus five years’ experience in a Controller or Accounting Management position. Experience in the design and implementation of accounting software is required, experience with Microsoft NAV is highly desirable. CPA and experience as an auditor is considered a plus. Ability to travel on occasion to our terminal in Beaumont required. Successful completion of a background check and drug screen in addition to ability to obtain a TWIC card is required.
Apply Online Now Submit Resume By Email