About the Company:
Jefferson Energy Companies is a multi-modal facility connecting rail, marine, truck and pipeline headquartered in Houston, Texas with transportation, terminal and storage assets located at the Port of Beaumont in Beaumont, Texas. Loading and unloading capabilities include ethanol, fuels and crude oil from the heaviest Canadian bitumen to the lightest condensate. The terminal sits on a 250-acre site on the east bank of the Neches River Ship Channel and is directly served by three Class 1 Railroads (UP, BNSF and KCS) with power sharing agreements with CP and CN. There are over 2,100,000 barrels of shell storage capacity in service or under construction with full a build-out potential of 18 million barrels. A highway off-ramp is under construction and once completed will connect truck traffic from Interstate 10 directly to the terminal. The Terminal Marine capabilities include a Ship Dock and dedicated Inland Barge Dock which connect the Terminal to domestic and foreign marine destinations. The terminal’s service has expanded ethanol, heavy refinery feedstocks and rail loading of refined products for export to Mexico and domestic distribution.
The Accounting Reporting and Compliance Manager is responsible for monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting closes and reporting, as wells as compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOX”) and other regulations. This position reports to the Controller and works closely with the Parent Organization (“FTAI” which is a SEC Registrant). Responsibilities will include:
- Partner with the Controller on the financial and operational execution and analysis of this Company and provide oversight of our businesses and teams.
- Assist/lead monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting closes, including setting the reporting calendar with specific timeline and deadlines to meet all reporting requirements for our Parent Organization (“FTAI” which is a SEC Registrant). Responsible for preparing subsidiary financial statements to comply with Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) filing requirements including annual reporting (10-K), quarterly financial statements (10-Q), annual reports, registration statements and standalone financial information.
- Continue to design, document and implement policies and procedures, and maintain strong internal controls to ensure Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOX”) compliance and required certifications. Additionally, ensure and document that there is clear and complete documentation of management’s testing of internal controls.
- Provide project management, financial, business and technical accounting expertise to facilitate timely generation, synthesis and distribution of financial and management reports
- Liaise and manage the relationships with the firm’s external auditors, responsible for leading the day-to-day audit services for annual audits, interim reviews, etc.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial statement certifications, loan covenant compliance matters, required by lenders and other agencies related to the company’s debt commitments
- Liaise with the Financial, Planning, and Analysis (“FP&A”) Leader as it relates to budgets, forecasts, business plans, and other related management reporting and analyses
- Serve as a backup to existing Accountants
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- At least 7-10 years of relevant accounting and financial reporting experience, with strong leadership skills and ability to think strategically and operationally (ideal candidate would have manager experience with a “Big Four” public accounting firm and “hands-on” operational controllership)
- Ability to research complex accounting issues, document and present conclusions to senior management
- Deep technical and practical knowledge of all U.S. GAAP literature and SEC requirements with specific focus on leasing, equity method investments, consolidations, financial instruments, impairment testing, and revenue recognition
- Experience in establishing accounting and reporting functions, as well as documenting policies and procedures, writing technical accounting memos
- Extensive knowledge of rule for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance of a public company
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of Microsoft NAV (general ledger system), a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, requiring total commitment and extended hours
- Attention to detail and self-motivated to drive processes to resolution
- Impeccable integrity and ethics
- Superior analytical, quantitative and communication (both oral and written) skills
- Strong track record of delivering accurate, timely accounting information and reports
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish goals through partnerships built on mutual trust, fairness, integrity and honesty
- Prior midstream industry experience would be considered a plus, to help focus on the relevant accounting for those investments and contracts
- Must have strong drive and initiative with ability to balance multiple tasks
An outstanding record of achievement, including an undergraduate degree from a well-respected school. CPA are strongly preferred, and MBA a plus
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Strategic perspective – looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue or challenge; can easily pose future scenarios; can think globally; can discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future; and passionate about building a high performing organization
- Business acumen – knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his or her business and organization; knows the competition; and is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace
- Creativity – develops new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; and tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings
- Organizing – can marshal resources to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; and arranges information in a useful manner
- Interpersonal savvy – relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, sideways, and inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; and can diffuse even high-tension situations effectively
Essential Physical Functions:
- Ability to sit and use a computer for long periods of time
- Ability to bend and stoop in order to file documents into filing cabinets
- Eligible for TWIC card
- Occasional travel to Beaumont office and Beaumont Terminal as needed
- Successful completion of background check and drug screen